Meet Mr. Prieto
1. How long have you been a music teacher?
This is my 15th year as a music teacher.
2. What is one thing you are looking forward to this school year?
I’m looking forward to singing, strumming, and drumming with my students, and doing some good old-fashioned karaoke!
3. If you had to listen to the same song every morning walking into Booth Hill, what song would you choose?
I’m a huge Stevie Wonder and Motown era fan, but if I had to choose one all-time favorite song to listen to every morning it would have to be “Let’s Stay Together” by Al Green.
4. Do you have a favorite musician?
This is a near impossible question to answer, but I would have to say Stevie Wonder for his songwriting and uniquely amazing voice.
5. What are your favorite hobbies outside of school?
I love to cook, especially my favorite food which is pizza. I also play saxophone in a few different performing groups, love to sing (KARAOKE) and play the ukulele.
6. What is one thing that Booth Hill students might be surprised to learn about you?
I am a bit of a gamer! Recent games I’ve played are Call of Duty: Warzone, Fortnite, and Apex Legends.
7. What is one thing on your bucket list?
I want to travel to Vienna, Austria, which has such rich history and culture rooted in the Arts. Vienna was also the musical epicenter of the world during the Classical and Romantic eras.
8. Who is your favorite superhero and why?
Spiderman! I’ve loved Spiderman since I was a kid tuning into the after-school cartoons. He’s always a kid at heart and has fun, but always remembers a very important lesson: With great power comes great responsibility.